TERM OF USE
In addition to these terms and conditions, additional terms and conditions may apply for access to certain parts of this Web Site. By accessing such parts of this Web Site, you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by such additional terms and conditions as stated in the parts of this Web Site where such access is made available. Where there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and the additional terms and conditions, the additional terms and conditions shall to the extent of such inconsistency, prevail.
The materials located in this Web Site including but not limited to text, images, photographs, video, audio, graphics, software programs and the links (the "Contents"), are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of proprietary rights. All rights, title and interest in the Contents are owned or controlled by, Bioinformatics Institute or have been licensed or made available to Bioinformatics Institute by third parties. Where access to and use of primary data and software from third parties have been granted to Bioinformatics Institute for reproduction on this Web Site, specific acknowledgement of the source has been provided.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF CONTENTS
You shall not reproduce, publish, upload, post, transmit, adapt, modify or otherwise display, distribute or exploit in any way, this Web Site or the Contents or any part thereof without the prior written consent of Bioinformatics Institute or the third party owner or provider of the Contents.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
The Contents of this Web Site are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Bioinformatics Institute does not warrant and hereby disclaims any warranty, express or otherwise implied to the fullest extent of the applicable laws:
- as to the accuracy, correctness, completeness, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose or satisfactory quality of the Contents or any part thereof; and
- that the Contents or any part thereof or any functions associated therewith will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that this Web Site and the server is and will be free of all viruses, worms and/or other harmful or invasive elements.
Bioinformatics Institute assumes no responsibility for the consequences of any errors or omissions.
In no event shall Bioinformatics Institute be liable to you or anyone else for any injury, damage, loss or expense of any kind, direct and indirect, including but without limitation, special or consequential damage, or economic loss arising from or in connection with the use of this Web Site, the Contents or any part thereof, including but not limited to any injury, damage or loss suffered as a result of reliance on the Contents or any part thereof contained in or made available from this Web Site.
In no event shall Bioinformatics Institute have any responsibility or liability for any injury, damage, loss or expense caused by any negligence, omission or fault of its agents, advisors, consultants, contractors or providers of Contents in connection of with this Web Site including the Contents or any part thereof.
RIGHT OF ACCESS
Bioinformatics Institute reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this Web Site to any particular person, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this Web Site, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
LINKS FROM THIS WEB SITE TO OTHER WEB SITES
This Web Site contains hyperlinks to web sites which are not maintained by Bioinformatics Institute. Bioinformatics Institute is not responsible for the contents of those web sites and shall not be liable for any injury, damages, loss or expense howsoever arising from access to those web sites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such web sites are entirely at your own risk.
Hyperlinks to other web sites are provided solely for the convenience of the users. The contents of the other web sites, services or goods are not maintained or controlled by Bioinformatics Institute. Bioinformatics Institute is therefore not responsible for the availability, accuracy or reliability of the contents of the other web sites. In no circumstances shall Bioinformatics Institute be considered to be associated or affiliated with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on web sites to which this Web Site is linked.
Except as set forth below, caching and links to, and the framing of this Web Site or the Contents or any part thereof are prohibited.
You must secure prior permission from Bioinformatics Institute prior to hyperlinking to, or framing, this Web Site or the Contents or any part thereof, or otherwise engaging in similar activities. Bioinformatics Institute reserves the right to impose in its sole discretion any terms and conditions when permitting any hyperlinking to, or framing of this Web Site or the Contents or any part thereof and you agree to be bound and shall observe all such terms and conditions. Bioinformatics Institute reserves all rights to disable any links to, or frames of any site containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights. Bioinformatics Institute reserves the right to disable any unauthorised links or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other site reached by links to or from this Web Site or any of the Contents.
By accessing this Web Site, you agree that the laws of the Republic of Singapore shall govern such access as well as the application of these terms and conditions. Further, you agree to submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts regarding any and all disputes relating to these terms and conditions and/or use of this Web Site.
- If you are only browsing this website or using the "Search" function, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually. This Site automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and pages requested. Any information that you give to us shall be deemed to be given voluntarily and with your consent.
- If you choose to make an application or send us an e-mail for which you provide us with personally identifiable data, we may share necessary data with other Government of Singapore ('Government') agencies, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
- For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other Government agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of Bioinformatics Institute services to you.
- To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies.
- This site may contain links to Government and non-Government sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
- Bioinformatics Institute reserves the right to amend the Privacy Statement in its sole discretion from time to time. Any such amendment will be displayed in this website and take effect forthwith.